- Set goals
- Evaluate and monitor, reflect on the success of your study strategies and use strategies that are working for you. (Stop using strategies that are NOT working for you!)
- Ask others about their strategies and try new strategies suggested by your friends.
- Regular schedule: Monitor sleep, exercise, eating, drinking (and time when you do those things).
- Review old words
- Repeat in writing and speech
- Review old words – in speech and writing.
- Make sentences that are meaningful to you.
- Mnemonics – rhyme, alliteration, rhythm, music, etc.
- Associations by image, function, opposite, classes of words, related words.
- Associate with context, guess by context.
- Little notebook for questions, vocabulary that you can carry with you.